Employment Practices Liability (EPL)
Even during economic recovery, complaints filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission have dipped only slightly to 89,000 with $300 million recovered by the agency in 2014. Forty-three percent of total complaints were for retaliation, an all-time high.
With the ongoing evolution of employees, workplaces and employment laws, companies of all sizes and in all industries are increasingly carrying EPL insurance. Traditionally, EPL insurance claims have increased during economic downturns, since even legitimate terminations and layoffs have a way of turning into lawsuits during times of financial insecurity. But instead, as the economy rebounds, an EPL uptick is likely to continue fueled by greater turnover from increased competition for workers, higher expectations and less loyalty among employees, activism, wage and hour lawsuits, and the myriad of federal, state and city regulations.
Why is Business Risk Partners the company that more and more companies are turning to? We partner with solid, A-rated carriers to provide the most customizable coverage in the business. What’s more, our coverage is comprehensive. Not only do we protect the assets of private companies, our coverage includes the personal assets of the Directors and Officers of those companies. Sometimes exposure to liability is policy-based. Whatever the nature of the business, BRP is ready to provide the right coverage.
- Lisa Doherty talks to NPR’s Marketplace on the evolution of EPLI
- BRP Offers EPL for Law Firms, Staffing Agencies, PEO’s and LARGE Insureds!
- BRP Now Offers Sexual Molestation and Misconduct Liability Insurance
- Insurance Journal “The New Normal in EPLI”
- BRP EPLI Covers Some of the Toughest Industry Sectors
- What Do The Following Industry Segments Have In Common?