NO CAUSE IS IMMUNE FROM LAWSUITS.
Even those committed to a better world. There are more non-profits today than at any time in U.S. history – over 1.5 million are registered in the U.S. According to a Towers Watson Directors & Officers Liability Survey, 63% of non-profit organizations reported a D&O claim over a 10-year period. Other industry trade sources show employee lawsuits are surging.
Just like a for-profit business, a non-profit can be vulnerable to lawsuits from donors, beneficiaries, regulatory bodies, members, third-party affiliates, employees and volunteers. These lawsuits not only put the organization's very viability at risk but can make the board of directors and officers personally liable.
Backed by an A.M. Best A carrier, BRP's seasoned underwriters can provide creative underwriting solutions for many non-profit institutions with a full suite of management liability coverages – Directors & Officers, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary and Crime. On admitted paper, BRP can write primary or follow form Excess.
- Offering limits up to $5 million per line for D&O, EPL, Fiduciary and Crime
- Requires a minimum premium of $5,000 and $5,000 retention (Non CA)
- Policy is duty to defend with 100% defense allocation (reimbursement available)
- Coverage may include: Modifications to Anti-Trust, Accreditation/Certification, TCPA, FCPA, Regulator, Crisis Management, Retired Independent Director, Wage & Hour Defense Costs, Immigration, Violations of Employee Privacy, Workplace Violence, Training Costs, Fiduciary Penalties (5 types), Settlor Coverage, and Fraudulent Impersonation (Social Engineering)
- Claims handled in-house by experienced A.M. Best A carrier
- Primary or excess available
PLEASE NOTE: This list is solely intended to be a summary of policy coverage. Please reference the actual policy for specific terms and conditions. The policy supersedes all representations made above.
We welcome submissions for non-profits with up to $100 million in assets and 1000 employees from the classes of business below. Submissions for Healthcare, Sports, Educational and Public Officials or exceeding the above noted size will be forwarded to our carrier partner for review. Note: We do not underwrite Political Action Committees (PACs), Condo or Homeowners Associations, Adoption, Foster Care and Religious Organizations.
NOT-FOR-PROFIT MANAGEMENT LIABILITY